We’re heading into fall but don’t put away those shorts just yet because someone is inevitably forgetting to tell mother nature here in Los Angeles. Of course the good news is this means we’ll get to enjoy this Indian Summer by training for and participating in the annual Race for the Rescues.
Race for the Rescues is a wonderful event where you can run, walk, shop and adopt.
This annual 5k, 10k, 1k dog walk and adoption day to save animals’ lives is presented by the Rescue Train and typically held in October at the Pasadena Rose bowl.
What can you expect at this great animal lovers event?
- A morning walk/run along side your favorite four-legged buddy, check!
- An energetic pet expo, yes please!
- Raising money for local animal welfare organizations, fantastic!
- Add a new four-legged family member? Quite possibly!
Race for the Rescues’ activities normally start at 7am (don’t worry, the run/walk starts a little later in the morning) and there are options for everyone: 5K (3.1 miles), 10K (6.2 miles), 1K Dog Walk (.62 miles), 1K Kids Fun Run (.62 miles) and Couch Potato Race.
Race for the Rescues also includes:
- Pet Expo
- Dog & Cat Adoptions
- Prizes for top race winners and fundraisers incentives
- Silent Auction
- Food Trucks
- Face painting
- Pet Psychics
- and MORE!
Find out more and register for Race for the Rescues at http://www.racefortherescues.org